Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thoughts on Thankful Thursday

I have been rather quiet in cyberspace. Taking it all in and reflecting... and trying not to get depressed about the current state of our government.
When I cast my ballot last Tuesday, I did not consider my vote support for a particular candidate as I did not vote for either candidate in the primary and I could not embrace either candidate's platform in it's entirety. I simply felt that I was voting against the culture of death. It is so easy to feel absolutely defeated. We live in a land where more than 50% of the people do not make the sanctity of human life the first priority. In fact, there are close family members who are practicing catholics
and fellow parishoners who do not prioritize the sanctity of human life.

It is especially confusing to our children.
Right now my belly is huge with their little brother waiting to be born and join them in the new year. It is so disturbing to them to witness a baby growing and then know that there are doctors willing abort babies and that our newly elected president thinks that it is okay, even at this late stage.

Devastingly Unthinkable!

Even with such a bleak looking future for the unborn, I found a few words of consolation and hope online. First, there was this hopeful post at the forum.
Next, I found some wise words at Faith and Family Live.
Father Frank at Priests for Life encourages us not to give up.
Finally, my greatest hope and encouragement came from this quote posted at this sweet blog.
I am praying for hearts to soften and the Culture of Life to finally be embraced, especially by our newly elected president. With God, all things are possible!

I could end this there, but since this blog has been abandoned for so long, and it is Thankful Thursday, I must include some thankful thoughts:


We have a baby who has been growing steadily for the past twenty eight weeks who already has captured the hearts of every member of his family


We have a little girl with a new haircut - no more tangles, no more tears

We have a sweet snuggly blondie boy who loves learning to read (here he is listening and reading along while curled up in my "c" pillow - a pregnancy comfort)

We have a charming boy who is cheerful, content and an exceptionally hard worker

We have a bright, clever boy who delights in promptly doing his lessons well, setting a nice tone for each day and a very good example to his siblings

We have a helpful and wise boy who is someone we can always count on

We have a sturdy roof over our head, clean clothes on our back, healthy food to eat, good books on our shelves, a place to worship and weekly reception of the Eucharist. We are thankful.

2 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

All such beautiful reasons to be thankful! And I particularly share your joy over that Jan. 30th baby!!!!

God is good!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on your new little one!