Tuesday, October 17, 2006

renaming my blog

I am a blog reader. It is part of my internet "routine." The routine.. homepage: Catholic Exchange, Real Learning Forums, Bloglines - if you are on the blogroll, you are on my bloglines. I read all of your posts. Then I check my gmail accounts, sometimes eBay & cathswap if I am on the lookout for something I do not wish to go out and buy. Often the blogs give terrific links to other websites and next thing I know, I have ten windows open.

I wish I was more of a blogger, yet by the time I am done reading everything during my "routine," I am blogged out. Sometimes I think I have nothing to say, nothing to add to anything that has been said.

Then, I get "blog-guilt." I started a blog, I should, maybe, post.. something. Guilt can be a good thing for me. Blog guilt, though, in the big picture, is not so good. I am pretty much covered in the guilt dept. ...not sending out snail mail keep in touch notes with older dear relatives, not tackling a hotspot, not getting the pictures into albums since the last millenium, not getting to confession as often as I should.. yeah, I have enough...

My former blogname, Kristina's World, sounds a bit ego-centric, anyway. Humility is encouraged around here. Two other reasons.. one: it reminded me of "Elmo's World." la, la, la, la...two: a while back, I googled the name and a few "inappropriate" sites came up in the mix. I just googled "yesterthoughts" and apparently it is the name of a Glenn Miller recording. That's okay. We like Glenn Miller here, but I could not tell you the name of the cd we have of his, but I am certain it is not "yesterthoughts." Nonetheless, I tip my hat to his "blog-guilt-relieving" title!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh! So that's it! I was wondering how this "new blog" popped up on my bloglines!LOL!

Alice Gunther said...

Whatever the name, I love it!!!

I also like your new "about" photo.

yesterthoughts said...

Theresa, Jenn and Alice - I am honored to know that you visit my blog.

Also, Alice - how sweet of you to comment on the photo. The previous photo was over a year old. Truth be told, I was looking through my computer pictures and I found a recent one that Julian had taken of me while I was folding laundry! I cropped out the piles of laundry that surrounded me.. maybe I should have left them in for reality - lol!

Rebecca said...

I like the new name! :)

Karen Edmisten said...

I love your new name, and just got you changed on my blogroll!